Memorial Garden Diary
The Memorial Garden has been made possible through the generous donations made by Paws & Claws supporters.
All the money raised for this project came from extra donations made by members and sponsors who already give regularly.
Keystone Paving, a local family firm, constructed the patio area for us and you can view their progress through the regular updates that were posted here during the course of each day.
Friday 13:00 - Andy poses on the finished project
- Friday 13:00 Everything finished and we are all stunned by the finished product. Grateful thanks to all the team at Keystone Paving for all their efforts and for their skill and professionalism!
- Friday 10:00 Now the paved area is complete, apart from some tidying up around the edges, all that remains is to complete the close boarded fence.
- Thursday 9:00 Levelling the bed of Sharp Sand that the block pavers will rest on.
- Thursday 10:15 Now the bed of Sharp Sand has been compacted and levelled the block pavers can be laid.
- Thursday 12:15 Another very hot day. Laying the block pavers is going very well.
- Thursday 14:30 Cutting the edge blocks to fit now that the main area is laid out.
- Thursday 17:00 Finished laying the pavers and the jointing sand has been brushed in. Using the Compactor to ensure they are well settled down.
- Thursday 18:00 End of Day 3 and the fencing remains to be finished along with some minor making good around the edges.
- Wednesday 8:30 A bright sunny day and we should start to see the project taking shape during today. Currently the concrete is being laid in the foundation.
- Wednesday 10:30 It's a lovely sunny day and the foundations are nearly half complete.
- Wednesday 11:30 Compacting the concrete foundation.
- Wednesday 14:30 A really hot day now! The concrete foundation is nearly all in place and the block pavers are on site. Andy and Dave have just finished putting in the fence posts and arris rails. You can see the project is really starting to take shape now.
- Wednesday 16:30 Almost the end of day 2 and starting to lay the bed of sharp sand for the block pavers to be laid tomorrow.
- Wednesday 17:00 End of Day 2
- Tuesday 8:20 Keystone Paving are on site and we are waiting for the Digger to arrive.
- Tuesday 9:45 Work has commenced and the foundations are being dug.
- Tuesday 11:50 Digging out for the foundations is almost finished now - in spite of the rain setting in about 40 minutes ago.
- Tuesday 12:30 Hard at work!
- Tuesday 13:00 A mechanical digger makes the job a bit easier
- Tuesday 15:00 End of Day 1 and the excavation for the foundations is complete.